1/4 cup liquid starch
1 bottle clear glue
1. Mix glue with food coloring and glitter in a Ziploc® container.
2. Once combined, add the liquid starch a little bit at a time.
3. Store your slime in your Ziploc® container between playtime's and it will stay good for several months.
Brown paper lunch bag
Colored paper for leaves
Instructions:1. Cut lunch bag into half inch strips. Start at the opening and cut half way down the bag.
2. Open bag and stand it up.
3. Hold base of bag with one hand and twist the middle of bag to create the trunk of the tree.
4. See example of finished trunk in photo above.
5. Twist two of the bag strips together to create branches.
6. See example of finished branches in photo above.
7. Rip strips of colored paper into tiny pieces or cut into leaf shapes. Have child right the names of family members on each piece and glue them all over the branches of the tree.
POPSICLE STICK HOLIDAY ART
Card Stock or Chip Board
Multi Colored Construction Paper
Assorted Colored Paint (Tempera)
1. Glue approximately 7 sticks to card stock or chip board (Pre-cut for the amount of sticks being used)
. Paint sticks the color of the art you are creating (Brown for scarecrow hat, green for witch, white for snowman etc...)
3. Add accents by cutting out shapes from construction paper
4. With marker, draw eyes, nose and mouth
This craft allows a project for October, November and December.
Card stock or construction paper in various colors
Hole punch for embellishments
1. Start with a 6x6 square
2. Fold into a triangle
3. Fold the left & right corners to the center point
4. Open up to a triangle again and fold one flap of the center point to the bottom
5. Re-fold the left & right corners toward the center point and tuck it into the "pocket"
6. Cut a contrasting square slightly smaller than the 3x3 pocket
7. Apply glue and press inside
8. Cut embellishments- teeth, eyes, nose, tongue, etc.
9. Apply glue and press in place
10. Slide them onto the page corner of your favorite book
EGG CARTON CATERPILLAR
A cardboard or styrofoam egg carton
Paint, markers or crayons
Craft eyes (optional)
1. Cut a length of "cups". (At least 3 per caterpillar)
2. Let your child decorate the cups according to his or her own liking....the sky's the limit!
3. Attach the google eyes and pipe cleaner antennae.
GAME DAY NOISE MAKER
Empty plastic water bottles
Duct tape in team colors
Paint stir sticks (Home Depot gives these free)
Jingle bells (optional)
Cover each paint stick completely with duct tape. Add a child-sized handful of dried beans
to each empty bottle. Use the funnel to add some confetti. Note: If you would like to add a
jingle bell, now is the time! Put the lid back on the bottle. Cut a strip of duct tape and wrap
it around the lid. Wrap a strip of duct tape around the center of the water bottle, enclosing
the paint stick in the tape as well. Use two strips to ensure the handle is secure.
That's it! Now watch the game and shake, shake, shake!